HYOPSUNG SURVEYORS & ADJUSTERS CORPORATION’s history
began in February 1976, Hyopsung Surveyors & Adjusters Corporation was established as an independent company and we have been providing marine surveying and loss adjusting services to shipowners, P&I Clubs, and marine underwriters ever since.
As agents for Lloyd’s of London, we have successfully carried out surveys of cargo, hull and machinery, and have handled claims related to crewmembers, oil pollution, fishery & tourism damage on behalf of major insurance companies, P&I Clubs, and the International Oil Pollution Compensation Fund
We are licensed by the Financial Supervisory Service to provide marine surveying and loss adjusting services, and we conduct loss assessment and adjustment activities on behalf of shipowners, P&I Clubs, and marine underwriters, both domestic and foreign.
At our head office and branch offices, we have qualified loss adjusters who have many years of experience in handling various types of marine accidents. We also have surveyors with extensive knowledge gained from their years of working as maritime officers, including three master mariners and four marine engineers.
Our head office is located in Busan and we have branch offices in Seoul, Incheon, Dangjin/Pyeongtaek, Gwangyang/Yeosu, and Pohang/Ulsan. In the event of an accident, we are able to send our experts to the scene of the accident at any open port in Korea within 2 hours.
The interests of our clients is our top priority and we will strive to protect the trust that you have placed in us. We look forward to building a relationship of mutual growth and success with you and your company.
- Survey of hull and machinery damage / loss adjustment
- Survey of cargo damage or loss / loss adjustment
- Survey of oil pollution damage / loss Adjustment
(including clean-up operations, damage to fisheries and tourism)
- Condition survey of vessel for hull insurance subscription and P&I Club entry
- Survey of port facility and equipment damage / loss adjustment
- Loading and stowage condition survey of cargo on behalf of shipowners and P&I Clubs
- Tank cleaning condition survey
- Survey of vessel for towage approval, mooring approval, recommissioning approval
- Survey of salvage operations & salvage cost adjustment
- Draft survey and hatch survey
- Inspection and analysis of oil and chemical cargo
- On-hire & off-hire survey of vessel
- Other services in relation to general maritime matters
- Settlement of claims related crewmembers, stevedores, passengers, visitors